• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice wanted

Hi all. I have had my first ever DSLR now for 2 weeks (Canon EOS 200D). This is one of the first few pictures I've taken with it. I'd love to hear your thoughts and critique as well as advice and tips. I'm keen to learn as much as I can.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Advice wanted

Lovely little portrait with eyes nice and sharp and subdued lighting. Practice, practice then practice some more. You'll soon find what settings and conditions work best for you.
    Cheers

Lost. Using Lr5/Affinity Photo/Pana Fz300
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Advice wanted

welcome to the forum
    First tip : don't get an old fashion dslr --- yeah bit late . Camera is still a camera, and you have no reason to blame your camera for bad photography
    Second tip: best not to post pics of young family members; or pets, and ask for CC

As for the photo; there is not a lot wrong -- good skin tools on my screen. In fact; any parent would love a photo like that of their kids

If the photo was mine I would consider something like this crop

Third tip: practise photographing static unimportant easy subjects; than the harder subjects will be easier to record . Posting photos / asking questions is a good way to learn

Tip four: the world has moved on from when Adobe Photoshop was the only editing program available --- just hoping to get before you jump onto that ship