Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using a k MOUNT Sigma lens on a6500

Hi All,

I recently brought an a6500. My old camera was a Pentax so I wanted to use some of the lenses I had, particularly the Sigma 10-20 mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM.

I brought an adaptor and when I tried the lens the issue is the images are very dark, the images become visible only when the flash is on and high ISO.

Can someone help me on this please.

Thank you,

MD

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using a k MOUNT Sigma lens on a6500

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Hi All,

I recently brought an a6500. My old camera was a Pentax so I wanted to use some of the lenses I had, particularly the Sigma 10-20 mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM.

I brought an adaptor and when I tried the lens the issue is the images are very dark, the images become visible only when the flash is on and high ISO.

Can someone help me on this please.

Thank you,

MD
    I suspect the lens would have to be used as a fully manual lens where you pre-select the aperture then in M mode select shutter and ISO and use manual focusing. You should get an indication of plus or minus exposure in the viewfinder.

I've not used K mount adapters on my A6400 and the adapters I have, have different characteristics for different lenses. You might find an explanation by googling the adapter number.