Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what colour is the blue sky

Another very unscientific demo
    Raw files off the card file with the only editing as done automatically when importing in Lightroom

took 6 different files - 3 vertical then 3 horizontally - taken at the same time at 70mm
    2 pics taken with the sun behind the camera, + 2 either side [east / south / west] .
    files mixed up when making collage
    blue on the bottom and lhs is a digital color. The bottom part of a photo is alway the lighter part of the blue sky it is never like any digital flat blue .

All that means is it's basically impossible to have collage of blue sky pics where the blue colors match perfectly; or even closely
    Not only will the blue change around the compus; it will also change from the horizon to above to opposite horizon

This difference is more noticeable when wide and UWA lens are used and can be made "worse" if polarizing filters are used --- something I don't use now when the sky is included in the frame. [polarizing filters are best used to control reflections including reflections from foliage . Sky blues/clouds can be edited with color sliders PP

25 mm is not really wide these days

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: what colour is the blue sky

Yep, created lots of fun when I wanted to combine 2 images that were taken in different years, at locations 220km apart

for this, I replaced the sky with a gradient setting the dark part of the gradient to the top part of one image's sky, and set the light part of the gradient to the bottom part of the same image's sky.

Lighthouse by John Blackburn, on Flickr
    John Blackburn
    My Flickr page
    "Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Lost. Using Lr5/Affinity Photo/Pana Fz300
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cheers John . good job but what is that??

The "blue" doesn't look quite right at the horizon -- maybe a little cyanish
    The lightness of the sky at the horizon compared the higher up will often depend on the camera angle

We need to remember the sky is not a vertical wall. It's the top of the tunnel we look through -- tunnel being the ground and sky

Did you find that longer lens John?

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those sky colours came directly from the original of the sand castle, which was only 1 1/2 foot high. The lighthouse was flipped so that the angled surfaces aligned with the sand castle, and the sunny side of the lighthouse was on the wrong side, and I had to alter the exposure on both sides of the lighthouse so the light and shade were the right way around.

No havent got the longer lense yet. Not rushing in to buy though.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
    John Blackburn
    My Flickr page
    "Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John, I think you did a pretty good job with that although I did my head in trying to work out what it was.. Looks like some middle eastern monument! Sky looks fine to me. (Pardon the pun)