User Tag List

• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question best places to study photography in Australia ?preferably Melbourne, Brisbane,GoldCoa

Hi just wanted to get some advice,

I am thinking of studying photography I want to try and become professional. This sounds really rewarding but also very scary as I know it is very hard to make it out there. The university which seams the best from the research I did is almost 30k aud a year. That is a lot. The thought of getting into so much debt really scares me.

Would anyone be so kind to list in their opinion which are the best places to study photography in Australia ? Preferably in Melbourne, Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

Thanks,
    Nick.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: best places to study photography in Australia ?preferably Melbourne, Brisbane,Gol

The debt for a university course should scare you: especially considering the recent and proposed changes to their repayment systems.

If your aim is to become a professional photographer I advise that finding the best place to study is way down the list of what you initially need to do.

Firstly you need a much more definitive plan: "wanting to try" is simply not enough. If you don't believe in it 100% it will never happen. Once you have that belief then you have to have practical real world plans and a realistic timeline for their execution.

As one (not the only) first step, start researching possible jobs and possible employers and begin networking those; get a foot in the door, any door; believe me when I write that will require maximum effort on your part.

List your ideas and plans, no matter how sketchy, and a general outline of your Life Position at the moment: that will allow for more relevant and targeted advice.

WW

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: best places to study photography in Australia ?preferably Melbourne, Brisbane,Gol

Great advice