Awesome shot!

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Weedy Sea-dragon.

Another cracker. It's a shame you don't get into the water so regularly now. Nice work

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris788 View Post
    Awesome shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    Another cracker. It's a shame you don't get into the water so regularly now. Nice work
    Thank you both.
    There comes a time in everyoneís life where you need to reassess what it is you do which has a degree of risk so that you are not putting unnecessary pressures on the ones you are sharing those pursuits with and the ones at home. I started diving on compressed air in 1969 and underwater photography in 1977 so Iíve had my fair share of good times with it. In that time Iíve lost two close dive buddies in diving accidents (neither were with me at the time). Both were getting on a bit in age and like me, had probably started to become a little complacent with safety procedures. The problem we have is knowing when enough is enough. To wait until an incident occurs which helps you to make the decision, could be courting disaster and a risk of serious injury or death to myself or those with me. Iím not prepared to let that happen. I may get in again if the circumstances are right, but If I donít it wonít be the end of the world. I have some brilliant memories, most captured by my photography and have the ability to string some of those together in presentations so that others can enjoy them too! Thatís not at all bad and now I can challenge myself with trying to capture the more elusive subjects on land! Iím fascinated by the Natural World where-ever I find it and I do my best to record it while we still have it!
    Cheers all and thanks for the comments.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Thank you both.
    There comes a time in everyone’s life where you need to reassess what it is you do which has a degree of risk so that you are not putting unnecessary pressures on the ones you are sharing those pursuits with and the ones at home. I started diving on compressed air in 1969 and underwater photography in 1977 so I’ve had my fair share of good times with it. In that time I’ve lost two close dive buddies in diving accidents (neither were with me at the time). Both were getting on a bit in age and like me, had probably started to become a little complacent with safety procedures. The problem we have is knowing when enough is enough. To wait until an incident occurs which helps you to make the decision, could be courting disaster and a risk of serious injury or death to myself or those with me. I’m not prepared to let that happen. I may get in again if the circumstances are right, but If I don’t it won’t be the end of the world. I have some brilliant memories, most captured by my photography and have the ability to string some of those together in presentations so that others can enjoy them too! That’s not at all bad and now I can challenge myself with trying to capture the more elusive subjects on land! I’m fascinated by the Natural World where-ever I find it and I do my best to record it while we still have it!
    Cheers all and thanks for the comments.
    Fully understand and totally agree with your thinking.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a lovely creature with amazing colors! Those sea leaves are totally matching with this 'Sea Dragon'!

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Alice View Post
    It's a lovely creature with amazing colors! Those sea leaves are totally matching with this 'Sea Dragon'!
    Thanks Rachael.