• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 7D Firmware

Hi guys, I have a Canon 70D, Canon 6D Mk II & a 7D & have been trying to update the firmware on the 7D. I've downloaded the firmware for the 7D from Canon Support site (successfully - I have the file) but then I can't copy it to the CF card within the camera. Tried a Zillion different ways but it just won't copy. So I then downloaded the EOS Utility program to do it that way however because it starts with "lets search for the CD that came with your Canon Camera (I bought this 7D 2nd hand & don't have the CD's. PS: I also bought the 70D & the 6D 2nd hand as well! so I don't have a single Canon original CD to use) & it obviously can't find them & therefore won't install nor copy the new firmware to the CF card on the camera. Any clues about what to do? Thanks, The Sith.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Canon 7D Firmware

I’m a Sony and Panasonic user and can’t help with Canon upgrades, can only suggest you pose the question on Canon forums or use Google.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Canon 7D Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Hi guys, I have a Canon 70D, Canon 6D Mk II & a 7D & have been trying to update the firmware on the 7D. I've downloaded the firmware for the 7D from Canon Support site (successfully - I have the file) but then I can't copy it to the CF card within the camera. Tried a Zillion different ways but it just won't copy. So I then downloaded the EOS Utility program to do it that way however because it starts with "lets search for the CD that came with your Canon Camera (I bought this 7D 2nd hand & don't have the CD's. PS: I also bought the 70D & the 6D 2nd hand as well! so I don't have a single Canon original CD to use) & it obviously can't find them & therefore won't install nor copy the new firmware to the CF card on the camera. Any clues about what to do? Thanks, The Sith.
    I too had a 2nd hand 70D not long ago and now have 6DII.

I'm not 100% sure but am pretty certain you can download all the required stuff the comes on any included cd rom with a new Canon camera from the canon site. I had 700D that I bought new. I did a firmware update on that body by connecting the camera to my PC via a cable and it was pretty straight forward at the time. I think once you have all the required programs downloaded and connect directly it should be just a few clicks with the only point of note being you need to be certain the battery is fully charged before you start. You can download the full user manual as PDF for 7D from Canon as well which would likely have some good detailed info on the process.

As Closei said a Canon forum would likely be more helpful too or contacting Canon directly. I have found them very helpful any time I've contacted them for any info.

Good luck ,

Nate