• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time Lapse

Hi all. I just started doing a few time lapse of the sunset/sunrise with my Nikon D5200 camera. First time I down 10sec intervals and the second time 1sec intervals. It all started off well then it just stopped as if it was trying to catch up, then off it would start up again. I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD Memory Card SDXC UHS-I 4K UHD Class 10 95MB/s V30 in my camera which I thought should be fast enough to write too. Not sure what's going on.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Time Lapse

Quote Originally Posted by Paoroa View Post
    Hi all. I just started doing a few time lapse of the sunset/sunrise with my Nikon D5200 camera. First time I down 10sec intervals and the second time 1sec intervals. It all started off well then it just stopped as if it was trying to catch up, then off it would start up again. I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD Memory Card SDXC UHS-I 4K UHD Class 10 95MB/s V30 in my camera which I thought should be fast enough to write too. Not sure what's going on.
    Hi Paoroa, I’m not sure either as I don’t do time lapse myself. (I should give it a try) The only suggestion I can make is to check your file size/quality. If you are shooting RAW or a combination raw/jpeg the camera may not be handling it well. You could try setting quality to small jpeg to see it makes a difference. It shouldn’t change the look of the time lapse.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, l can only suggest decreasing file size too
    nikon abuser

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking images for time-lapse orders is cooler always. Best new camera models have a built-in interval meter. Approximately even have in-camera time-lapse video handling sorts. Making time-lapses is lots of enjoyable, and perhaps that's all the purpose you actually want to give it an effort.

Lost. Using Lr5/Affinity Photo/Pana Fz300
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

time lapse ???? sound like my brain these day

sorry; never done it so cannot help