Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still Motion and Amateur film making

At last I got 20 posts up, I hope.

I'm not really a photographer. My real interest is in taking mediocre photos and assembling them in a video editor in order to tell a story. For example .. I edit at 30 frames per sec. If I want the Milparinka Pub to be hit by a bolt of lightning from the heavens above, then all I have to do is select one or two non adjacent (but close) frames and turn those into their negative image. On playback this appears as lightning.

So when you are making vids you can have a huge personal input into the story you're trying to tell. This is not easy to do with a photo, only really good professional photographers way beyond my abilities can do this consistently. For most of us it's high-handicap golf and occasionally we pull off a stunner.

But with video it's like you have a palette, and you can spread the colours as YOU like.

Hope there are others interested in Vid editing?

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Still Motion and Amateur film making

The Photos and footage in these vids is all mine, all mine, like the fog on the Tyne .... but the music? Ahhh well ... that's stolen.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've done that well.

I do the odd movie but it's not my main area of interest. They are large files and time consuming to edit. Maybe I'll move onto that at a later date.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Vid is .. ummmm ... a bit poignant, a little sad. (It's 10mins long) It has a surprising ending.

My rambles in the desert eventually led me to follow an eagle that was keeping ahead of me. I left the vehicle far behind and followed her across the dunes from Viger's Soak. When she flew off the last wind-sculpture, I saw something glitter on the top of the sculpture at the base of the Poona Tree. The Poona looked to be a coupla million years old ... hehee. I didn't know I was on the trail of a hero, I was just following the eagle.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    You've done that well.

I do the odd movie but it's not my main area of interest. They are large files and time consuming to edit. Maybe I'll move onto that at a later date.

Thank you for kind remarks

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done. Is that all shot with the D5?

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes .... ummmmm ... Some of the moving footage is just iPhone. But all the stills are D5. The D5 can only do 25 frames per sec The iPhone can do 240

The iPhone is quite a good camera.

In fact, here is a 'mostly iPhone' vid ... it's quite suprising. Tho the hi-res photos and footage by the D5 are easily discernible.