Just the bare bones.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tree

OK you've got me interested here Do tell.............

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    OK you've got me interested here Do tell.............
    It's a drone shot taken directly overhead of a dead and drowned tree in Lake Cethana. The shadow gives you some form to the subject. Here's a wider view of what I was working with.

Trees.jpg

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    It's a drone shot taken directly overhead of a dead and drowned tree in Lake Cethana. The shadow gives you some form to the subject. Here's a wider view of what I was working with.

Trees.jpg
    I had it figured that way The EXIF data gave away it was a drone shot but I couldn't convince myself it was a big tree in a lake or similar or a small one in more of puddle type thing. Its a great shot. Your drone shots and seeing my mate use his have really spiked my interest in the field. Spending the cash on one and getting the hang of flying it and taking shots with it is another hurdle all together

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    I had it figured that way The EXIF data gave away it was a drone shot but I couldn't convince myself it was a big tree in a lake or similar or a small one in more of puddle type thing. Its a great shot. Your drone shots and seeing my mate use his have really spiked my interest in the field. Spending the cash on one and getting the hang of flying it and taking shots with it is another hurdle all together
    The hurdle is not so high Nate, the better quality drones are extremely easy to fly. With GPS positioning, when you let the controls go the bird just stays put.

You get a real time view on either phone or IPad (I use IPad as it's easier on the eyes), so it's really just a matter or moving the aircraft around to get the composition you want. It's touch screen spot for exposure control and they shoot in RAW or JPeg or a combination of both.

I never let the drone get out of sight and fly it manually back and hand catch at the end of the flight.

The only problems I've ever had has been with software updates causing issues with the link between controller and aircraft when the update was installed. Had to do quite a bit of searching on line to identify the fix which would have been very simple if the info had been provided with the updates. DJI were not very helpful and only offered to look at it if I sent it all back to them.