• Display
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Editing Rig

I have finally got myself a new laptop, the old one was bought sometime in 2011. I put extra RAM in it, and 2 hard drives. Pretty sure it was due. My desktop is almost as old and threw a disk last year, so yeah, erring on the side of caution. Ended up with a Lenovo, pretty happy with - is slim, but still manages to have a bunch of ports in the side and a DVD drive.

After a successful year or so of using Ubuntu Studio, I ended up going with standard Ubuntu and loading the programs I actually use. So far no issues, will pair it with my mouse and Wacom on the weekend and have a go at some photo's I have still on camera.

Just waiting to get through the next month of study, get through my exam then will have a little bit of time to take some photo's. Hopefully with a new camera Pay day can't come fast enough!

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Editing Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    I have finally got myself a new laptop, the old one was bought sometime in 2011. I put extra RAM in it, and 2 hard drives. Pretty sure it was due. My desktop is almost as old and threw a disk last year, so yeah, erring on the side of caution. Ended up with a Lenovo, pretty happy with - is slim, but still manages to have a bunch of ports in the side and a DVD drive.

After a successful year or so of using Ubuntu Studio, I ended up going with standard Ubuntu and loading the programs I actually use. So far no issues, will pair it with my mouse and Wacom on the weekend and have a go at some photo's I have still on camera.

Just waiting to get through the next month of study, get through my exam then will have a little bit of time to take some photo's. Hopefully with a new camera Pay day can't come fast enough!
    Good luck with that I've got no idea what some of that jargon is but I'm sure you do and that's all that matters.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Editing Rig

Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Good luck with that I've got no idea what some of that jargon is but I'm sure you do and that's all that matters.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.
    I guess the important thing is the only thing I paid for is the hardware. Everything else is free.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk