• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - another photo of Cradle Mountain

My take on one of Tasmania's iconic locations (and probably most photographed). I took this photo at 10pm with not a sole in site. I stuck my head lamp inside the Boat Shed to provide a focal point. CC welcome.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Yes - another photo of Cradle Mountain

looks good!
    nikon abuser

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have been a nice moonlit night to get that exposure at 10 pm. I like the little flash of Fagus colour on the saddle of Cradle.
    Yes the location does get done to death and it’s hard to get something new. It is a lovely place in the right weather but I must confess I rarely go there any more.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting out to Dove Lake at 10 pm? I admire your fortitude. The weather must have been much more pleasant than when I was there just over a month ago.

Really like the concept of this shot with the light in the shed. The composition is well thought out with interest in the foreground, middle and background. Maybe it's my eyes, but the rock in the foreground and the gravel seem blurred? I would probably crop that part out to save a good photo out of what could have been a great photo.

Hope that you live in Tasmania and get another opportunity to take this shot. I am not sure that I will be that lucky.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the rock as blurred as I should have focus stacked the image as I was only shooting at f/2.8. I did think about cropping it, but like you said I would have been missing that foreground element and the natural leading line the rocks created towards the shed.

I live in Hobart, and this was my first trip to Cradle Mountain. I hope to go there again for a dedicated photography trip as there is sooo much to shoot up there!!