• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"There is never a new thing to photograph!"

How often have YOU thought like that heading??

Three "new" subjects in the backyard --- or old things noticed differently because of the light just at that time -- these pics were snapped in the 5-10 minutes

1] sun behind the ventilation vent on the neighbour's shed -- I have seen similar but the cloud made all the difference
    2] the devil chaser -- it was just another dark thing the shadows 10 minutes later
    3] bike shadows from light reflecting off a window .

how and why questions, and honest comments welcome

Another tip: collages are a great way to display, share online, or just to keep more favourite photos. This started in On1 and moved to Pse12 with final touches done in Lr5
    I don't really have any need for the original raw files now so they can be deleted and this college saved as JPG file instead of the rather large PSD file

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "There is never a new thing to photograph!"

Absolutely right! Every photograph is a new moment in time and can never be exactly the same as another.

I like your examples but a collage makes it difficult to comment on individual images. I prefer the simpler ones you've done in the top two and I'm sure that all of them could have been processed just as well as JPGs.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "There is never a new thing to photograph!"

"There is never a new thing to photograph!" perhaps so, but you can always take a photograph of the same thing, but in a "new light".

"New Light" meaning new approach, not just physical light

Which is what I think you have achieved with your slightly abstract collage. I like it.

Cheers.
    Canon EOS 5, EOS 300 35mm Film. Canon EOS 350D DSLR.