User Tag List

• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White dot in photo but disappears when it's opened in Photoshop then saved , why ?

hi members , i got a Sony A6300 about a month ago and i want to sell my previous Camera. It is a Canon 600D with a Tamron 17-50mm VC Lens , i have a question though before selling it as i'm unsure the Camera/Lens has a problem or not. Ok sometimes when i take a photo and then upload it to my PC there is a 'white dot' in the photo , but if i import it to Photoshop and then do no processing and then save the photo it disappears. Btw i've only taken about 3400 photos with this Camera.

has my 600D or Tamron Lens got a problem or is it something else ?. I don't want to sell a faulty product to someone and disappoint them.

chat soon

DEAN

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: White dot in photo but disappears when it's opened in Photoshop then saved , why

sounds like a dead pixel I think.
    how big is it

Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: White dot in photo but disappears when it's opened in Photoshop then saved , why

hi Ian , i just ran some tests and it seems worse than i thought it was. With JPEG and Photoshop there are about 5 dots one being Red and the rest White , but when i import the CR2 in Photoshop there are no White/Red dots. The size of them is like a pin prick

Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm back.......i did some research via google from your description 'dead pixel' , and then found a Youtube video on how to manually clean the Camera in the menu. So i did that and took some shots at very low ISO and fast Shutter speed all defects are gone , i want to say thanks to Ian for the tip and help it is much appreciated.

i just took a photo at 1/15 6.3 and ISO 1600 and i have one small white dot still left damn. Any suggestions from here ?

update.........

if i import the CR2 into Photoshop and do no processing then save it no white dot is in the final photo , but only in the JPEG the white dot is present even after saving.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, most of you would be wondering why the cheap tripods?

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Travel Tripod View Post
    No not at all!! But I'm thinking if you were able to post links you would have told us

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Travel Tripod View Post
    bugger!! l won't be able to sleep now......
    nikon abuser

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    No not at all!! But I'm thinking if you were able to post links you would have told us
    lol...
    Craig
    Flickr