• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SD Card shopping for Sony A6300 , need some confirms on this choice

hi guys back again , i was just browsing SD Cards for the Sony A6300 i'm getting and apparently i need a certain type of SD Card that can handle 4K XAVS recording. Apparently if the Card doesn't meet the specs the camera will ask that you insert a compatible Card. At a website called 'alikgriffin' one of the Cards they recommend is the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB U3 SDXC UHS-I

Harvey Norman have it for $119 , i can't post links yet you may have to browse the sites i mention to confirm

i had a look at Officeworks today and saw this SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Memory Card and was wondering if i would be safe and problem free , i would be saving about $50. The above Card at Harvey Norman and the below Officeworks have the same data Read and Write and both are UHS-I.

i have included 2 attachments of the SD Cards , the Officeworks is the yellow one and i wouldn't worry about the Harvey Norman one being U1 it seems to be a old stock photo and in the description on their website it says it U3

chat soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: SD Card shopping for Sony A6300 , need some confirms on this choice

no idea; however it does seem strange that someone who appears to be posting from the USA, -- Los Angeles -- is asking about Australian stores

Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Ian , i'm running a VPN and i'm connected to a server in the US.

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as long as the card is a U3, you should be good. However, having said that, I don't own a sony so can't confirm this.
    John Blackburn
    My Flickr page
    "Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your input jay , i actually noticed something on the Officeworks website for the cheaper Sandisk and that is there are 2 Write speed statements on what it can do. So i went to Amazon US and on their page for this Card is it only will Write at 40MB/s , i'm glad that error on Officeworks website caught my eye. I will be going for a Sandisk Extreme Pro which on Amazon's site can hit Read Up To 90MB/s Write Up To 95MB/s.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s8n View Post
    thanks for your input jay , i actually noticed something on the Officeworks website for the cheaper Sandisk and that is there are 2 Write speed statements on what it can do. So i went to Amazon US and on their page for this Card is it only will Write at 40MB/s , i'm glad that error on Officeworks website caught my eye. I will be going for a Sandisk Extreme Pro which on Amazon's site can hit Read Up To 90MB/s Write Up To 95MB/s.
    Doesn’t sound like you need any help from me as you are pretty much sorted. I use Sony A6000, A65 and A7. The Sandisc class 10 cards have been fine for me.
    Your not just playing devils advocate are you S 8 N? (Satan)