Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day

G'day all,

My name is Gav and I am just starting out on this new hobby of photography. I have always been interested in photography but until recently haven't been able to get into it the way I wanted. That recently changed, however, and now I am geared up and ready to learn.

I am all over the youtubers for info and get out and about to put the new camera into action. Nothing good yet pic wise as I live in a pretty boring suburb and need to venture out to other places.

Gear I am using is the Canon EOS 6D Mkii, and lenses I have thus far are: 50mm, 24-105mm, 70-200mm and a 100mm macro.

I look forward to getting more gear in the coming times, although I think I need to rein that in for now LOL, as it has been quite expensive this last week, and to putting it all to good use.

I have recently gotten Photoshop and Lightroom and I am learning all about RAW/JPEG editing, but at the moment that is a mind **** LOL.

I very much look forward to getting about all the forums and taking in as much info as I can.

Thanks, and best regards.

Gav

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: G'day

Welcome Gav,
    starting out, i'd stick to lightroom, I do almost all of my soft editing in LR and just go into photoshop when I need to.
    looks like you have a good collection of lenses, and the 6d2 is a great body. pop up some shots when you're ready

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gav067 View Post
    G'day all,

My name is Gav and I am just starting out on this new hobby of photography. I have always been interested in photography but until recently haven't been able to get into it the way I wanted. That recently changed, however, and now I am geared up and ready to learn.

I am all over the youtubers for info and get out and about to put the new camera into action. Nothing good yet pic wise as I live in a pretty boring suburb and need to venture out to other places.

Gear I am using is the Canon EOS 6D Mkii, and lenses I have thus far are: 50mm, 24-105mm, 70-200mm and a 100mm macro.

I look forward to getting more gear in the coming times, although I think I need to rein that in for now LOL, as it has been quite expensive this last week, and to putting it all to good use.

I have recently gotten Photoshop and Lightroom and I am learning all about RAW/JPEG editing, but at the moment that is a mind **** LOL.

I very much look forward to getting about all the forums and taking in as much info as I can.

Thanks, and best regards.

Gav
    Welcome aboard Gav.

That's some serious gear to start out with, you'll nail some great shots with that lot. Don't be scared to get out and about shooting close to home. Some of the best shots you'll ever take could be in your own backyard.

Where are you based?

Cheers Nate

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    Welcome aboard Gav.

Where are you based?

Cheers Nate
    Cheers mate, I'm in Brisbane ish area. I went to local wetlands yesterday and got some shots. Might put them up later. Nothing great, but a good afternoon out.

So I just tried to post pics, and found out you can't til you have 20 posts up. Strange...

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers mate, I'm in Brisbane ish area. I went to local wetlands yesterday and got some shots. Might put them up later. Nothing great, but a good afternoon out.

So I just tried to post pics, and found out you can't til you have 20 posts up. Strange...
    Thant's only for links.. use the 'insert image' icon along the top of the dialog box.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Thant's only for links.. use the 'insert image' icon along the top of the dialog box.
    Aaaah, I thought it was like other forums wherein I had to link to photobucket or the like. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give that a crack.

Cheers

Gav

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaah, I thought it was like other forums wherein I had to link to photobucket or the like. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give that a crack.

Cheers

Gav
    Just make sure you resize first.. 900 pix on longest side.