User Tag List

• Display
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the best option for tethering my Canon 5D Mk2 to my laptop, ipad or desktop

Having bought some generic brand wifi tether and had less than stellar results (item is awkward, bulky and bundled software is very glitchy) I'm wondering if anyone uses a tether that will show RAW images fairly quickly? Is my best option to use a corded USB tether or are there good wifi options which I would prefer for freedom of movement? I'd like my models/clients to see images as soon as I've taken them though I'm not that fussed on composing them using a monitor as they are inevitably going to be drastically different when the strobes emit their flash and I mostly use autofocus. I could use a windows or IOS as I run both systems. Any advice appreciated.

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What's the best option for tethering my Canon 5D Mk2 to my laptop, ipad or deskto

I have had a decent run using L/R tethered to my EOS1300d on a low spec laptop via the factory usb cable. my canon also has inbuild Wi-fi that can tether straight to android and IOS, both are a little slow and glitchy. Definitely worth giving the cable a go.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What's the best option for tethering my Canon 5D Mk2 to my laptop, ipad or deskto

l bought a TetherTools Tether Pro USB 3 to get more length, so my lappy can be placed somewhere safe in the "great outdoors".........not that l've found the time
    nikon abuser

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony and chelsea northrup have a youtube channel where they did something similar, for speed though they used capture one (just for teathering) via usb cable.

https://lensvid.com/gear/how-to-buil...r-workstation/

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk
    http://www.travishale.com/
    Nik D5300+610, 18-55mm, 50-300mm, 35mm, 10.5mm, 150mm Macro, 150-600mm
    Lightroom/Photoshop CC