User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Guide Falls

  • Thread Tools
  • Share
  • Display
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,090
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Guide Falls

    Ridgley. A different perspective.



    Phantom 3 advanced.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,090
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    It’s like pulling teeth trying to get comments from you lot...90+ lookers, it’s got me stuffed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Yulara NT
    Posts
    290
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Interesting perspective.The drone stuff is all the rage these days. I'm assuming from the shadows bottom right this was taken from land though?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,090
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    Interesting perspective.The drone stuff is all the rage these days. I'm assuming from the shadows bottom right this was taken from land though?
    Thanks Nate, no definitely a drone shot from about 75 metres.

    You'll notice shadows in the top LH corner as well. It was a compromise to show the falls which are normally in shadow at either one side or the other, so I got there around midday to try and get sun shining down into the 'canyon' as well as some light on the top tier as well. It's always better to photograph the falls on a cloudy day but the little drone camera is not so good in low light. I was happy enough to get what I did.

    Here's a shot from ground level on the lower tier.

    Fall (1 of 1).jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Yulara NT
    Posts
    290
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Thanks Nate, no definitely a drone shot from about 75 metres.

    You'll notice shadows in the top LH corner as well. It was a compromise to show the falls which are normally in shadow at either one side or the other, so I got there around midday to try and get sun shining down into the 'canyon' as well as some light on the top tier as well. It's always better to photograph the falls on a cloudy day but the little drone camera is not so good in low light. I was happy enough to get what I did.

    Here's a shot from ground level on the lower tier.

    Fall (1 of 1).jpg
    Nice. Not being familiar with the place I wasn't 100% sure but it all makes sense now. There are few gorges around Alice that are the same in that they have to be shot at high noon to be at their best as either side too much of noon and one side is too dark and the difference makes for a poor result or you have to blend images which I try to avoid personally.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    16
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Do you take individual photos or video then clip what you need

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,090
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Quote Originally Posted by Penno View Post
    Do you take individual photos or video then clip what you need
    I do both video and stills separately. I have some manual control over the camera for stills exposure.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Dubbo NSW
    Posts
    520
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Patterson View Post
    Interesting perspective.
    pretty much that. can't add much

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Great Clarity on the pic.
    I am relatively new to drone flying & photography & I am loving it.... What program do you use to edit your pics?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,090
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajogeru View Post
    Great Clarity on the pic.
    I am relatively new to drone flying & photography & I am loving it.... What program do you use to edit your pics?
    I use a combination of Lightroom 4.4 and Photoshop CS3. Both outdated but adequate for my needs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Guide Falls

    Thanks very much for the info. I will look into them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •