• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shutter count disabled?

Hi there, I bought a camera last year and believe it might not be a legit Canon. All the photos I take don't seem to be sharp compared to my previous camera, it just seems off. To cut a long story short I've been having a big hassle with the (online) company, they won't give me a refund and deny that the product is dodgy. Consumer affairs has found them to be posing as an Australian company when they weren't.

Last night I was trying to find the shutter count on my camera (Canon 700d) and it said it was disabled (I tried a few different programs).
    Is that something that can happen with these cameras or does that in itself sound like its been tampered with? Is their any way I can find out the shutter count?

A photo was also analysed on shutter counted and gave me the technical details. I can provide that too if it might have any incriminating evidence hidden in the details that anyone can see?

Thank you for your help.

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Shutter count disabled?

Download Canon Eos Digital Info (v1.4). If you have trouble, PM me and I can email it to you - it's 1.5MB. Install it, run the "CanonEosDigitalInfo.exe" program, then connect your 700D and power it up. You should see something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do It With A Canon !
    CS6 - Faststone - LightZone