Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All

Hi

I found this website when I was browsing google to find some active forums in Australia.

Been taking photos for years with a basic Canon SLR setup of holidays and special events and now looking to be a bit more proactive and learning to fully use the camera. Last year I upgraded to a Canon 700D as I find the video function very beneficial and fun.

Looking to buy a couple of lenses if people have any recommendations on where to buy from as where I live we only have Camera House and they aren't that helpful in wanting to retain customers or advice.

Matt

Image Editing
    Yes (default)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hi All

Welcome Matt.

Digital cameras come and go (the tech advances very quickly), yet a good lens will last many years.
    In todays digital camera market, your better to invest in lenses rather than bodies.
    You can and will upgrade bodies over time, yet the lenses will stay with you a lot longer.
    So don't go budget with your lenses.
    Spend some extra time and money, finding and saving for a better lens that will be with you for quite a few years to come.

You might find some members here who are moving some gear, or even try your local photography club for secondhand gear.

And enjoy the rabbit hole that is photography.
    "Anyone who recommends anything without knowing what you want to do with it should be ignored." Ken Rockwell

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hi All

Welcome aboard!