• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note to self.

Make sure DJI app will connect with the quad before leaving home for a trip to the mountains!

Got to the Mount Claude lookout this morning in perfect flying conditions with snow covered peaks all around.. and the damn app would not connect to the 'bird' and wanted me to sign in to the internet for an update. Couldn't find a way around it as I was out of wi-fi and mobile range so the flight went begging! (Lucky it was only an hour from home)

Lesson learned!

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Note to self.

That's got to break your heart...but that's technology I guess. It's gone from making sure you have fully charged batteries, available film/memory....to Wi-Fi connectivity.
    Canon 5DMkiii & 50D, Panasonic FZ200 & FT3 & TZ90, Olympus TG860 (Screen Died...now useless)

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Note to self.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like to Watch View Post
    That's got to break your heart...but that's technology I guess. It's gone from making sure you have fully charged batteries, available film/memory....to Wi-Fi connectivity.
    Yes, it's the first time it's done that to me and I've had it away from coverage many times.

Thinking back, I realized that the last time I used the app was to edit a video and share it on line. I suspect I should have closed the editor down, go back to camera/equipment mode and then switched off wi-fi (or turned to airplane mode) before closing down for the day. Then it wouldn't have been looking for a wi-fi link the next time turned on.
    Ah well you live and learn.. but then remembering is another thing all together!