Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunset and Stars

Sundown.JPG

Sundown-3.JPG

Couple of shots I grabbed while I was out camping over the weekend! CC appreciated

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sunset and Stars

Lucky thing . ⛺️ camping! A favourite pastime but not done enough now .
    I'm only looking at these on a small screen but will try and give you some advice. Just grab the salt packet to go with it

I can see what you were trying to capture as that time of day in the first pic as it (dusk I think) always looks good to the human eye but difficult to capture via camera censor as you'll either blow out the sky to get light in the trees or expose for the sky and try and bring up the shadows a bit in post.
    Personally, I would be taking the shot a little earlier when there was more light around. But I wasn't there so have no idea what the conditions really were

As I said, I'm looking on a fairly small screen which is difficult to judge, but the second one appears to be a good effort of capturing the starry sky. The one thing I would highly suggest for both these images is how you compose them will make all the difference.
    For instance: If you composed the top of a hill with a lone tree in the lower right of the image but the majority and upper part image is like you're night sky shot, it would be much more appealing than just having part of a tree sticking into the image as there is no context as to where that tree is or its surrounds.

A well composed shot will overcome many technical issues, so when you look at a scene you like, and want to shoot, immediately think how you can place the interesting things in the frame and how the light quality is and will effect that outcome.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sunset and Stars

Thanks for the feedback!

On the first photo, I was aiming to have the trees silhouetted, to bring the focus on the sky, alas, I missed the best time to capture the beautiful colours. I'll know for next time to be set up earlier!

Composition (in particular landscapes) is something I have had a little trouble nailing, your advice will be taken on board there. That's the fun of learning right?

Thanks, Chris.