• Display
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Softbox + Yongnuos + Nissin

Following on from my discussion about buying flashes and etc...and seeing as I finished my unit at uni and actually have some free time...here is my first mess around with said combo:

cup_test.jpg

I used dodge in Gimp to whiten the background - it is a pretty, err, dodgy attempt (sorry) but it was really just to see how the light falls from the flashes. I had the Yongnuo's set up at either side, um, 1/8th, and the Nissin behind at 1/32nd or 1/64th or something fairly weak. I'm reasonably happy with how that all works, and even happier at the AF being fixed.

I am wondering whether it would make any difference to use the diffusers as well as the softbox, or if that is just over doing it...probably worth another few minutes to try out sometime.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Softbox + Yongnuos + Nissin

Looks to be well lit to me. I don't do much of that type of lighting so others may offer more useful advice.

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it is the first time I have used this set up, and I was surprised how easy it was. That is usually the clue I am doing something wrong, or not thinking about something...🙃

I am thinking first thing I can do is use​ some foam stands or something ​like that.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    Yeah, it is the first time I have used this set up, and I was surprised how easy it was. That is usually the clue I am doing something wrong, or not thinking about something...🙃

I am thinking first thing I can do is use​ some foam stands or something ​like that.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
    Just keep it simple and don't over think it. It's easy to take several shots using different arrangements to suit different subjects. Keep what works and toss the rest.

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    Following on from my discussion about buying flashes and etc...and seeing as I finished my unit at uni and actually have some free time...here is my first mess around with said combo:

cup_test.jpg

I used dodge in Gimp to whiten the background - it is a pretty, err, dodgy attempt (sorry) but it was really just to see how the light falls from the flashes. I had the Yongnuo's set up at either side, um, 1/8th, and the Nissin behind at 1/32nd or 1/64th or something fairly weak. I'm reasonably happy with how that all works, and even happier at the AF being fixed.

I am wondering whether it would make any difference to use the diffusers as well as the softbox, or if that is just over doing it...probably worth another few minutes to try out sometime.

A nice clean shot Q97 ... you've done a nice gob on this.

Cheers
    Les

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester View Post
    A nice clean shot Q97 ... you've done a nice gob on this.

Cheers
    Les
    Thanks, I'm glad it doesn't seem to be too far off.