Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so new guy

Hi everyone,

New to the forum but not photography.

Have shot SLR film in my dim dark past. Mostly motor racing and footy. I had, or still have a couple of Pentax cameras including my favourite ME - Super.

With the arrival of kids, the happy snappers have been the tool of choice. Simply because kids and SLRs are an unsuccessful combination. There's a series of Olympus and Canon point and shoots.

Now that I have more time to myself I am considering taking up the camera again away from kids parties and family gatherings. So, doing the research into the range of DSLRs on the market.

So, have heaps of questions and looking to interact and contribute.

Talk soon.

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Not so new guy

Hi SalT

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you around. It is always good to have new people involved.

John.
    John Blackburn
    My Flickr page
    "Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Salt! Yeah, kids certainly slow things up a bit for a while But now you can really enjoy some quality time making images. Never a better time with the choice of camera gear, only need the dollars to spend on it

Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SaIT

Sorry it took a while to welcome you, all theses Nikon and Canon users kept getting in the way. All the best, look forward to seeing your work, and we Pentaxians need to stick together....

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes welcome to the forum SaLT,

And yes things have changed since the days when Pentax was a popular choice for film goes.
    And things have also changed again in the digital world, with more smaller and lighter compacts coming onto the market.
    Fuji, Olympus and Sony have all been fore runners in compact mirror less Cameras, the first two in particular are coming into their own.
    Fuji's ever popular range finder Cameras have been a big hit, and now that Olympus have brought back their Olympus Pen, they have been that latest big seller.
    And I was told one of the big points for Olympus (in Japan at least) was their drop down reversible Monitor.
    The selfie kids just love this feature.

Hope to see you around,
    Cheers,
    Les