• Display
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well I agree; sort of.

this will stir the wedding snappers fingers into gear >> vogue-magazine-claims-you-dont-need-professional-wedding-photographer<<

https://fstoppers.com/originals/vogu...grapher-108157

IMO wedding photography is so bloody over rated , and I'm stuffed if I will be paying any "photographer $1000++++++++ to take photos at my daughters' weddings. And no, I will not be 'the photographer'

I became very disillusioned with wedding photography and what clients expected like 100s or even thousands of photos. WT$. I also became very Ped off with the prices photographers charged for services which was often more about them and $$$ then the real reason for the occasion. Why the hell are B+G taken on a tour around the area/city/tourist attractions to get photos when usually that area/prop had nothing to do with the couple or their wedding. In the end I was doing Wedding Portraits more than 'wedding photography' and I often made more $$ for less time. Loved the little and tiny wedding; they were about the B+G and not all the typical wedding

Why is everything so much more expensive because of the "W" word. Why do couples (brides and Mothers) become so blind and sucked in when organizing a wedding. Some of the best weddings I have done were not organized as a wedding; like the surprize weddings that Mums and Dads didn't know about

Another great wedding was the couple getting married without the guests and the typical B/S; but they had a big party about a month later. They still wanted all the loot lol. And it was good $$ for me.

so glad I got out before the damn mobile phone took over everyone's selfish little life. P+S camera users were enough drama for me

However; just like Vogue will continue to use high profile photographers with medium format digital cameras even though no photo is going to big much bigger than a A4 ; a photographer with better than auto-snapshot skills is still required for such a special occasion as a wedding and just like it's time to drop the other 9 things mentioned photographer also needs to cut the and B+G need to focus more on the reason than trying to put on a show.

Guest should be banned at weddings! OK guests should be banned from taking anything but a flip phone to weddings

RANT not over! Still have 3 unattached girls lol

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: well I agree; sort of.

I disagree Ian ( surprise, surprise ) and here is a brides response http://petapixel.com/2016/01/14/this...-photographer/

Why is wedding photography so expensive, because it's a lot of work. Out of interest, I tracked the number of work hours spent on one wedding with meetings, planning, shooting, processing and print/album production and it tallied to just over 60 hours work. I need to make about $2k a week minimum to pay myself an average wage, 60 hours is a week and a half work therefore minimum $3k package required.

Why does there need to be so much fuss, you would have to ask the brides, not the photographers.

I do agree about the guests with mobile phones, my nephew's wedding recently had the celebrant ask for people to put their phones away and witness the ceremony, leave the photos to the professionals.. I have to admit it was strange not to be taking photos but I had the chance to sit back and pick on how the photographers were doing it wrong (well differently from me, therefore, wrong )

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagreed.
    Wedding is very draining. i am not sure how long i can last.
    I spend a lot of time and effort getting everything the way i want.
    I use light a lot. of course i do some natural lights too if light is good.

My editing is not just in LR, I bring each and every images into PS and get it to the way we want. We spend a lot of time creating the Art work we want for the photos that give the mood that I want.

(I think) I see differently to most of the local photographers in the way how portrait is taken.

My client told me once that He can never duplicate my work if he is given my equipment.

I love people with their phones and camera taking photos. I evolve with the technology, the people mindset and flow with them. I just have to enjoy but give my best in all i do.

I also understand where u r coming from Ian.

Scott

Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    The biggest gripe I have when doing a wedding is you get a shot set up, 30 bloody friends/rellies etc all start yelling - over John/Julie etc and the faces are everywhere !
    and when you finally tell the B&G that hey, you are paying me to do this, don't bitch when the photo's arent what you envisage. So look at me, NOW. they look at you with that Duh look.
    Cheers
    Bushy

Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Hi all,
    The biggest gripe I have when doing a wedding is you get a shot set up, 30 bloody friends/rellies etc all start yelling - over John/Julie etc and the faces are everywhere !
    and when you finally tell the B&G that hey, you are paying me to do this, don't bitch when the photo's arent what you envisage. So look at me, NOW. they look at you with that Duh look.
    Cheers
    Bushy
    Just why I would not photograph a wedding again.