User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 416
  • Thread Tools
  • Share
  • Display
  1. #381
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    come up well -- yellows [buildings] look a little too saturated on my screen

    I think I had a fiddle with darktable but cannot remember to much about it --- the days of only adobe are certainly over

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    come up well -- yellows [buildings] look a little too saturated on my screen

    I think I had a fiddle with darktable but cannot remember to much about it --- the days of only adobe are certainly over
    Yeah, possibly running the laptop screen a bit dim, certainly didn't look so cooked to me as I was doing it. Will play again tonight.

    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,356
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Don't usually post in this thread as I'm far from expert in editing. However I can do basic image manipulation and I'll share this one as I like the image anyway.

    Original: Street scene 2 .jpg Edited version: Street scene.jpg

    As it's a street scene in Copenhagen my intention was to give it that 'old world' feel and of course improve the composition.

    Straightened, and cropped in Photoshop and rotated horizontally.

    Up loaded to Nik colour efex pro and carried out adjustments in 'bleach bypass' to enhance detail. Saved then reloaded to colour efex and carried out adjustments in 'Duplex' to soften and warm the image.

    Resized in P.S.

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    nice. I don't really understand the flip, but still not bad.

    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,356
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    nice. I don't really understand the flip, but still not bad.

    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
    Just works a bit better to the eye and the way we look at things. (To me anyway).

  6. #386
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jervis Bay
    Posts
    1,839
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    l def like the edit over the original, you've added some "texture" for want of a better descriptor
    nikon abuser

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    another quick crack...

    _DSC0048_05.jpg

    Still not having much luck with masks and what not. Didn't have much time to look into it, but I did adjust my screen brightness a bit. Still looks a bit lifeless. Maybe on the weekend...

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Melboune
    Posts
    9
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Here is a portrait from a glamour shoot from late 2017. This was shot in a very small bathroom with the model in the bath and me resting at the edge of it. Single bounce flash off the wall plus natural light coming in on the left from the frosted window. f.4 400 ISO 1/125

    Editing in Photoshop.

    Stacey_5thDec17_154.jpg

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by JNewtz19 View Post
    Here is a portrait from a glamour shoot from late 2017. This was shot in a very small bathroom with the model in the bath and me resting at the edge of it. Single bounce flash off the wall plus natural light coming in on the left from the frosted window. f.4 400 ISO 1/125

    Editing in Photoshop.

    Stacey_5thDec17_154.jpg
    Please keep in mind the thread requires before and after images so others can get some ideas to help them with their own editing . Even better is some text to show how the edit was done .

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    another quick crack...

    _DSC0048_05.jpg

    Still not having much luck with masks and what not. Didn't have much time to look into it, but I did adjust my screen brightness a bit. Still looks a bit lifeless. Maybe on the weekend...
    That's is now looking a bit dead at this end
    I could do an edit to give you an idea to how I see it at this end
    Are you using the lappy screen or an ext monitor ?

  11. #391
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Don't usually post in this thread as I'm far from expert in editing. However I can do basic image manipulation and I'll share this one as I like the image anyway.

    Original: Street scene 2 .jpg Edited version: Street scene.jpg

    As it's a street scene in Copenhagen my intention was to give it that 'old world' feel and of course improve the composition.

    Straightened, and cropped in Photoshop and rotated horizontally.

    Up loaded to Nik colour efex pro and carried out adjustments in 'bleach bypass' to enhance detail. Saved then reloaded to colour efex and carried out adjustments in 'Duplex' to soften and warm the image.

    Resized in P.S.
    the rotates works great for this image ; not very often you can do it buildings
    I like the effect --- perhaps a little stronger (??)
    A neat trick is to increase vibrance and decrease saturation --- many of my images get that treatment

    I love the bikes but maybe the car could go ?

    Now be carefully ; don't get bitten by the editing bug . Once that bugga gets a good hold there is no way back . raw capture will soon follow

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,356
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    the rotates works great for this image ; not very often you can do it buildings
    I like the effect --- perhaps a little stronger (??)
    A neat trick is to increase vibrance and decrease saturation --- many of my images get that treatment

    I love the bikes but maybe the car could go ?

    Now be carefully ; don't get bitten by the editing bug . Once that bugga gets a good hold there is no way back . raw capture will soon follow
    The car's gone in response to comments elsewhere. I'll keep this version though as it portrays how Denmark is at this point in time.. many bikes and only the odd car or two.
    As far as processing goes, I process everything I show but only to where I'm correcting levels, composition etc. I'm much less interested in the artistic aspects as I get my kicks out of searching out and trying to capture the more challenging subjects. 'Being there' and on the hunt is part of the fun.

    Street scene.jpg

  13. #393
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    much better without the car imo ; others would say it draws the eye though the picture but ....................... .

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    6,356
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    much better without the car imo ; others would say it draws the eye though the picture but ....................... .
    Whether the image works better with or without the car is purely subjective. To me it leads the eye through the image past the old times into the modern times but really it doesn't matter, it got a bit of interaction going and that's got to be a good thing.

  15. #395
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    That's is now looking a bit dead at this end
    I could do an edit to give you an idea to how I see it at this end
    Are you using the lappy screen or an ext monitor ?
    yeah, that's on the new Lenovo. I think the problem is that I am not sure at all what I am doing with the software. I did a decent edit ages ago when it was all new to me, but with study, there has been a long time between edits. I've got about a decade of editing ahead of me when I leave Japan. I'm not sure if I'm kidding or serious anymore...



    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

  16. #396
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Q97 View Post
    yeah, that's on the new Lenovo. I think the problem is that I am not sure at all what I am doing with the software. I did a decent edit ages ago when it was all new to me, but with study, there has been a long time between edits. I've got about a decade of editing ahead of me when I leave Japan. I'm not sure if I'm kidding or serious anymore...



    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
    A good way to check/correct the screen is look at old edited photos . The Fuji screen check printed photos and the digital images work ok if you can get hold of them -- that's all I use . Rough enough is close enough especially if photos are not being printed
    Lappy screens are rather useless IMO for serious editing --- I wouldn't bother using a device to set up the screen .

  17. #397
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Originally posted on the On1 Fb page --- they don't like too much negativity

    Credit where credit is due
    Being playing with this raw file in Lr5/ Pse12/ On1 2018.5 Beta to compare masking . I have found some files are easier to mask in Pse or On1+Pse ; and I also find the Lr adjustment brush can do a reasonable job but with limitations .

    The clear winner here in time and quality was On1 by a country mile . Quick mask did a great job . Rather impressive really
    Just a backyard pic as part of my week long challenge to use an equivalent 40mm only [Oly em1+20mm pana lens] -- the week has been extended to ??? --- when I weaking I guess .

    All editing done within On1 2018 . True ; I got into a few knots with layers but that's 1/2 the fun and frustration


    Only 3 more sleeps until the ''lower class'' get to try On1 2018.5 . Imo it's very much the 'crunch time' version for On1

    How and why questions ['discussion'] welcome

  18. #398
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Had another go in CaptureOne. I wanted to review ver11 as I'm due for an upgrade if I want to keep it. As expected, I got a result much closer to what I was thinking, in way less time. Part familiarity, part workflow focus and fairly logical layout of C1. If I can get to that level of competence with DarkTable (or any of the linux ones) I'll be happy.

    This probably took 5-7 minutes, again mostly cause I have a reasonable idea what I am doing with it:

    _DSC0046.jpg

  19. #399
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,513
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    that's looking better mate

  20. #400
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP
    Posts
    600
    Image Editing
    Please ask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    yeah, I've paid for the upgrade...

    I'm sure I will eventually get the hang of the freebies, but until then...

    Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •