User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819
Results 361 to 369 of 369
  • Thread Tools
  • Share
  • Display
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    5,755
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Another postcard from the Murray River at Mildura
    Third one down for me.
    Last edited by IanB; 31-01-2018 at 09:52 AM.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,202
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    1] mostly done in On1 with a little help from Pse.
    2] sunset from long ago
    3] Lr5 edit
    4] original lumix fz300 raw file
    'picture window' was the thought I had when taking the photo -- I often think of the name then; a usually keep it. Sort of gives a reason for the picture. Taken while walking the dog to dry her off after a swim.
    Honest comments/cc and questions welcome
    not sure about the perspectives/angles (??)


  3. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,202
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    today's little fiddle with a couple of Oly pics from a walk with Boof.
    2nd is the original flower pic which was blurred and blended with the 3rd pic of blue painted bitumen which was changed to green using hue/white balance adjustments. Didn't quite happen as simple as that; however all was done in On1 🤔 . #4: flower with Radial/motion/Gaussian blurring
    Did I know it was going to end up like that? Certainly not🤗
    comments/cc/questions welcome


    On1 certainly has it's dramas; however On1 does seem the better to use after spending a couple days with Luminar.
    Some of that comes down to my experience and knowledge of On1 but ATM, the only reason I might consider Luminar will be if the DAM system is worth the dramas of learning another program. Luminar seems to have more 'expert' online support; much of which is likely paid for. All of this edit could have been done in Lr5/Pse12, although it's very unlikely I would have had the motivation to do it.
    BTW: the blue file (disable parking sign) is the file before the flower; not bad to just two clicks lol

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    5,755
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    today's little fiddle with a couple of Oly pics from a walk with Boof.
    2nd is the original flower pic which was blurred and blended with the 3rd pic of blue painted bitumen which was changed to green using hue/white balance adjustments. Didn't quite happen as simple as that; however all was done in On1 �� . #4: flower with Radial/motion/Gaussian blurring
    Did I know it was going to end up like that? Certainly not��
    comments/cc/questions welcome


    On1 certainly has it's dramas; however On1 does seem the better to use after spending a couple days with Luminar.
    Some of that comes down to my experience and knowledge of On1 but ATM, the only reason I might consider Luminar will be if the DAM system is worth the dramas of learning another program. Luminar seems to have more 'expert' online support; much of which is likely paid for. All of this edit could have been done in Lr5/Pse12, although it's very unlikely I would have had the motivation to do it.
    BTW: the blue file (disable parking sign) is the file before the flower; not bad to just two clicks lol
    Good that you get some pleasure out of playing around with these programs.
    Last edited by IanB; 05-02-2018 at 05:30 AM.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,202
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Good that you get some pleasure out of playing around with these programs.
    certainly wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy the challenge and results

    "mud map" (crack in the ground)
    "See you at the stop sign"
    Started from 2nd image -- texture was made from a photo of the ground and was taken on the same day same place as the main photo ---- No; didn't know I would use them together
    The "stop sign" was moved there --- note top of original file


  6. #366
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    5,755
    Image Editing
    Yes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Nice crack!

    I think the red button or whatever it is is a bit small to be effective in the image.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,202
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by closei View Post
    Nice crack!

    I think the red button or whatever it is is a bit small to be effective in the image.
    that's why I mentioned it in the heading; so people might look for it --- plastic bottle cap I think it was

    found this video early this morning --- 3am early!! damn dogs next door!!

    so I had a go; several times actually at the fake slow exposure editing as shown in the video.. Sort of got my head around it and now have a sort of work flow in place. Not perfect as far as masking goes however the end effect is pretty amazing imo, and it also hides the millions of tiny flying insects. Not the first time they have mucked up my plans
    Just for a little extra; I added a little warmth into the centre of the radial blur --- next time I will give motion blur a try.

    Your honest thoughts/CC and questions very welcome


  8. #368
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Dubbo NSW
    Posts
    438
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    bit oversaturated and contrasty for my taste. like the motion blur.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lost. ...I use a LR5/PSE12/Nic Efex
    Posts
    27,202
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: >> show us your editing.

    Thanks Greg and Chris for your honest thoughts with my edits

    Only 15 minutes; however there is plenty to learn IMO.
    What was done here in PS can be done one way or another in most programs with layers. When doing edits like this; it is important the light direction is similar with all parts of the puzzle. I'm not sure about the tree -- could need some shadow across the building (??)
    I just wish I could "see" the image that is possible.
    Don't feel you need to do such edits in 15 minutes -- days and even weeks could be more like it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MH18l8-D2s

    I was going to watch a few other similar videos; but that might be too much information. Doing it is the better teacher I find

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •