PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

WilliamSG
08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Hi folks,

I've been shooting professionally since 2008 (mostly weddings), but I've only recently taken the leap to start up my own photography business (William Gordon Photography).

I don't get to talk photography very much outside of work, so I'm looking forward to chatting on here.

Used to shoot Canon, currently shooting Nikon with a D600 & D800. Keen to hear peoples thoughts on the trendy mirrorless options, I haven't tried any yet. The video guys always seem to be turning up with Sony's these days.

Cheers, Will.

Nate_Patterson
08-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Hi Will and welcome aboard.

I used to live in Brisbane before moving to the Red Centre 2 1/2 years ago.

I look forward to seeing some of your shots and reading your comment, options and thoughts on the work showed by all members here.

Cheers Nate

WilliamSG
08-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Hi Will and welcome aboard.

I used to live in Brisbane before moving to the Red Centre 2 1/2 years ago.

I look forward to seeing some of your shots and reading your comment, options and thoughts on the work showed by all members here.

Cheers Nate

Thanks Nate,

Do you mean Alice Springs? I'm trying to organise a road trip out that way sometime. Dying to get out there and see the landscape. And do some stargazing!

gcflora
08-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Welcome :)

closei
09-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Good to have you on board William.. I've been using SLTs and Mirrorless (but not exclusively) for some time now. I like them!

Chris788
09-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Welcome aboard mate!

WilliamSG
09-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Good to have you on board William.. I've been using SLTs and Mirrorless (but not exclusively) for some time now. I like them!

I love the look of them. I think it would encourage me to take more social photos if I had one.

I did some research about a year ago into using mirrorless professionally, because a smaller kit is very appealing, if it would make work a little less physically tiring - especially on a full day wedding. But it seems that if you want a full size sensor & pro lenses, they're going to be comparable in weight & size anyway. Plus the smaller hand grip looks like it could really cause some hand strain. That's why I decided to go Nikon DSLRs and probably will stick with them for a while. But I'd love to try maybe an Olympus as a travel camera.

closei
09-01-2018, 03:14 PM
I love the look of them. I think it would encourage me to take more social photos if I had one.

I did some research about a year ago into using mirrorless professionally, because a smaller kit is very appealing, if it would make work a little less physically tiring - especially on a full day wedding. But it seems that if you want a full size sensor & pro lenses, they're going to be comparable in weight & size anyway. Plus the smaller hand grip looks like it could really cause some hand strain. That's why I decided to go Nikon DSLRs and probably will stick with them for a while. But I'd love to try maybe an Olympus as a travel camera.

I have a friend who specializes in weddings and has just changed from Canon DSLR to Olympus due to camera/kit weight issues and a health problem. She's very happy with the swap. Image quality from what I've seen is great.

Nate_Patterson
09-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Thanks Nate,

Do you mean Alice Springs? I'm trying to organise a road trip out that way sometime. Dying to get out there and see the landscape. And do some stargazing!

Hi Will, Nah I live in Yulara (Uluru), it's about 460km from Alice. It is an incredible place to see the stars. mind you pretty well anywhere out here is :thumbup: