PDA

View Full Version : New fella just signed up.

Nate_Patterson
25-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. As my user name suggests my name is Nate.

I'm a very keen and active (very regular shooter) hobby photographer. I shoot mainly landscapes and wildlife, but also love to shoot live music events when possible. This is rare based on my location. I'm a Canon shooter who started out a few years ago with a 700D (I highly recommend this camera to start out, it was amazing for the money in my opinion and a great place to cut my teeth). I have since moved on to a 70D and more recently my first full frame which has allowed me to take better advantage of and make better use of some better glass.

I look forward to seeing your work and hearing your opinions on mine.

Cheers Nate

gcflora
25-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi Nate,

Welcome to the forum. The 70D... should get some great photos with that! I mainly shoot landscapes and wildlife (mostly plants) as well

Cheers

Nate_Patterson
26-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Hi Nate,

Welcome to the forum. The 70D... should get some great photos with that! I mainly shoot landscapes and wildlife (mostly plants) as well

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks. I've had the 70D about 6 months now after finding I had outgrown my 700D. I loved my 700D and couldn't recommend one more highly for someone just starting out. it lasted me a good couple of years of heavy use and a steep learning curve in the art of photography. I just found I was missing so many wildlife shots. It was slow to find focus with it's limited number of focus points particularly when shooting birds in flight and the extra 2-3 frames per second at high speed the 70D fires is a god send.

I've just put up my first photo in the landscape section taken with the 700D of somewhere close to home if you would like to take a look and offer some feedback.

Cheers Nate

IanB
29-08-2017, 08:40 AM
g'day Nate; looking forward to seeing more of your photos; especially if they are as good -- 1/2 as good will be ok --- as the 'rock one

Chris788
30-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Welcome aboard!