Image Editing
    Yes with CC

Bicentenial park ducks

Hi all,
    just messing around with the PP on this image and i'm not sure if i'm hitting the mark or way off. So I've come to you for some CC.

IMG_9676-Reduced Size900px.jpg

I chose B+W for the image as the water in the original was radioactive green..YUK!. apart from that, basic adjustments in LR with some split toning (yellows in highlight and blues in shadow).

Original
    IMG_9676-Reduced Size900px-2.jpg

please let me know your thoughts. i've provided the original if you wish to PP.

Thanks in advance
    Check out Elroy Aguiar Photography on facebook and my website

Image Editing
    Yes with CC

Re: Bicentenial park ducks

I'm certainly no expert on the B&W processing, still trying to find my groove there too. But I like how this one has come out and it's definately and improvement on the original (agree that green water is a little toxic looking). and I think it helps draw the focus to the two main subjects (closest two ducks) improves on an already good shot imo.
    CC & Edits Welcome,
    I use Canon 450D & CS5
    Flickr
    Cheers
    Ann

Image Editing
    Yes with CC

After pondering on the image overnight i think this image was lacking a lot of punch. So I pumped up the blacks, contrast and clarity.

IMG_9676-Reduced Size900px 3.jpg

Thoughts?

i think there in the future i will try to sleep on my edits (metaphorically of course) and visit the photo the following day, a fresh perspective makes a huge difference.

Image Editing
    Yes (default)

I like the original split toning, I find the second to be a little too harsh but I agree the original was a little soft. The vignetting comes on too strong for my liking in the second (im not a fan of heavy vignetting anyway) Maybe somewhere between the two would be good?

I think it also works nice as a standard B&W. My qucik edit at a happy medium, slightly bumped the contrast and blacks a little from the original split toning that was posted. What lens was it taken with out of interest?

Image Editing
    Yes with CC

thanks beau.

your edit looks nice as well. lens - 70-200 f4L @ 200mm, f/5