Wedding Reception idea

HI was thinking of getting some cameras and leaving them on the tables during reception so that guess may you it to take candid shots.

Do you think its a good idea? by the way, the wedding is in Malaysia so you're looking at 500+ guess which equates to 50 tables.

One camera per table.

Problems which come to mind, firstly the reception is indoor at night so i am not sure what cheap camare i can get to do it.

i like the idea of using lomo type camera but not sure if it work..

2nd thing, be the cost to get this done. in typical fasion, there is only 2 profesional cameramen which i reckon it be hard to get all picture of the guest and hence tot it be nice to have this.

any thoughs?

cheers.

I have used disposable cameras for this with good results.

Image Editing
    Yes

Re: Wedding Reception idea

G'day,

Every wedding i've been too in the last 10 years maybe 7 or 8 occasions, has had disposable cameras with flash on the tables, and to this day i've never heard nor seen anything of the pictures that were taken...Take from this what you will...but i'd encourage people to bring their P+S jobbies and ask for copies of anything good...

Quote Originally Posted by Bungee View Post
    I have used disposable cameras for this with good results.
    thanks mate! What's a cheap disposable camera you'll recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla73 View Post
    G'day,

Every wedding i've been too in the last 10 years maybe 7 or 8 occasions, has had disposable cameras with flash on the tables, and to this day i've never heard nor seen anything of the pictures that were taken...Take from this what you will...but i'd encourage people to bring their P+S jobbies and ask for copies of anything good...
    haha, maybe they were lousy photographers

Image Editing
    Yes

Yeah probably, alcohol and a camera...Hmmmm..

Image Editing
    Yes with CC

But it will depict the night. Good idea.
    Terry (e620; OM20 and OM40 lots of stuff mainly lenses)

Nearly everyone have cameras anyway, you could just set up a laptop and a card reader and ask people to download their photos. This will give you the ceremony and as well as the reception.

It's probably best to have someone to supervise the laptop and downloading process and try and have a small table that doesn't have room to put drinks down as well.

I'm a bogged rolling stone<>I use Lightroom4/PSCS4
    Image Editing
    Yes with CC

been do for years and IMO a total waist of $$$. Better to have one or three people who know how to take a photo roaming the floor
    I'm always right most of the ti...umm.....some of the time. ......Yeah OK occasional right .
    My Flickr photos

I agree - it is sometimes a bit of a waste of money and you can't guarantee what will happen to them!

I suggest paying out a little extra and doing it proper with a photobooth that you can hire anywhere. A photobooth can be the compact one or a done up one with studio lighting and all that. There you can set your own backdrop, props and other fun things. Plus the clients get a good DVD of the slideshow afterwards.

My photography services provide this (I source it to a friend of mine) and the reviews are absolutely terrific. Clients rave about it afterwards.